2 cups Milk
2 Tablespoons Tapioca Starch
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs (lightly whisked)
1-2 teaspoons vanilla (your choice, I like vanilla-y custard)
1. Lightly whisk eggs in medium size bowl- set aside
2. Combine milk, tapioca starch and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Heat until tiny bubbles form around the edge of pan, while whisking occasionally to prevent burning at the bottom or the tapioca from lumping together.
3. Remove mixture from heat.
4. Take 1/4 cup of your scalded milk mixture and whisk into eggs (this warms up your eggs, so they don’t cook up as soon as you add them to the milk mixture)
5. Slowly add the egg mixture into the milk mixture, whisking constantly.
6. Return sauce pan to medium heat, continue gently whisking until the custard thickens. This should take just a few minutes(5ish). If you don’t think it’s thickened, keep going, you will know when it starts to thicken. Just don’t allow it to boil!
7. Once nice and thick, remove pan from heat and add vanilla.
8. Pour into individual ramekins, and put refrigerator.
9. Once chill, it’s ready to serve, you could top with a dusting of cinnamon if desired.