While Red Rooibos is fermented, Green Rooibos is dried right after harvesting to preserve the color, flavor and antioxidants. Making it even higher in vitamins and minerals than Red Rooibos!
The flavor profile is a light, delicate floral taste with no bitterness that you find in traditional green tea. I prefer this as is, but you could add honey if you like the extra sweetness.
It also makes a delicious light iced tea. You can cold infuse it in water in your refrigerator overnight.
*This is not normal green tea… normal green tea contains caffeine, whereas green rooibos contains no caffeine but still has similar anti-oxidant levels.
– Contains natural anti-oxidants
– Thought to alleviate allergies – asthma, eczema
– Contains minerals of iron, potassium, zinc & sodium
– Known for having a soothing effect on the nervous system & recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension.
– Enjoyed by children
– Believed to relieve stomach and indigestion problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation.
– Believed to have a soothing effect on the skin, relieving itching and certain skin irritations like eczema, diaper rash and acne when directly applied to the affected area.
Can be infused into an oil for a hair mask.